Sun. Apr 6th, 2025

DAKAR, Senegal (AP) – Congo’s government and the M23 rebel group will participate in peace talks on March 18, Angola said Wednesday.

AKAR, Senegal (AP) – Congo’s government and the M23 rebel group will participate in peace talks on March 18, Angola said Wednesday.

A statement from Angolan President João Lourenço’s office said they would begin “direct peace negotiations” in the Angolan capital, Luanda.

Angola has acted as a mediator in the conflict in eastern Congo, which escalated in late January when the Rwanda-backed rebels advanced and took control of the strategic eastern Congo city of Goma. M23 seized Bukavu, eastern Congo’s second biggest city, last month.

By Editor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *